Joshua S. Ganz
Hatboro Lawyer Serving All of Montgomery County
Joshua S. Ganz has been practicing law since 2000, representing numerous
clients in that time. Attorney Ganz has been recognized on the
Rising Stars℠ list since 2008 and the
Super Lawyers® list since 2014. Josh is a resourceful, personable, and determined
attorney in Montgomery County with a unique combination of employment
law, business law, real estate law, and civil litigation experience.
He is highly skilled at problem-solving, independent thinking, and persuasive
communication. An adaptive and nimble advocate with a proven ability to
quickly learn and understand clients’ needs, Attorney Ganz is known
for his successful representation and negotiations in a broad range of
Attorney Ganz's excellent writing and negotiating skills have led to
extreme levels of success in state and federal court, arbitration, and
- New Jersey
- US District Court for the Eastern District of PA
- US District Court Middle District of PA
- US District Court for the District of NJ
- Timoney Knox, LLP - Senior Associate Attorney
- Wiggin and Dana, LLP - Associate Attorney
- Sweet, Stevens, Tucker & Katz, LLP - Associate Attorney
University of Pittsburgh School of Law - Juris Doctor, 2000
- Wagner Labor Moot Court - Participant & Team Captain, 2000
- Spector Scholarship Recipient, 1997–2000
- Honors: Dean’s List
- The Pennsylvania State University - B.A. Labor Industrial Relations,1997
Selected to the
Pennsylvania Super Lawyer®Rising Star℠ list - 2008 to 2011
Selected to the
Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® list - 2014 to present
Qualifications & Experience
- Frequent presenter/speaker to clients and other groups discussing methods
to reduce liability exposure related to employment issues including topics
such as: “ADA, FMLA, OWBPA – The ABCs of Workplace Laws”;
“Sexual Harassment in the Workplace”; “If You’re
Prepared to be Sued, You’re Less Likely to be Sued; “Use Employment-At-Will
to Your Advantage” and “Proper Documentation of Problem Employees”.
- Organized, managed and negotiated portfolio of commercial lease agreements
for client owning over $10 million in commercial real estate. Coordinated
lease language to be uniform which created significant reduction in costs
and time to manage and monitor multiple agreements.
- Secured large settlement as co-counsel in first-of-its-kind consumer product
litigation against national retailer utilizing effective motion practice,
spirited discovery and strategic negotiations.
- Lead legal counsel for employer in successful negotiation of a four-year
collective bargaining agreement achieving groundbreaking healthcare concessions
from union saving client over $600,000.
- Served as lead legal counsel for national clothing franchisor in trademark
infringement case, successfully enforced client’s rights through
federal litigation compelling former franchisee to cease operating.
- Substantial experience in advising management on a full range of labor
/ employment law issues, including the National Labor Relations Act, the
Pennsylvania Labor Relations Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, state
civil rights and anti-discrimination laws, and the Family and Medical
- Regularly gives legal counsel to employers regarding human resource issues
from termination to harassment complaint investigation to collective bargaining
to wage and hour matters.
- Expertise in breach of contract claims, non-compete litigation claims,
claims for defamation of character, and negotiating severance packages.
- Engages in all phases of litigation in both state and federal court and
before administrative tribunals including labor and employment, civil
rights, education/school code, insurance coverage and commercial disputes.
- Represents numerous public entities, including townships, boroughs, school
districts and municipal authorities in a multitude of practice areas including
land development, tax assessment appeals, and employment matters.
- Extensive experience with contract negotiation and drafting for businesses,
new ventures, financial institutions,not-for-profit entities, educational
institutions, municipalities and manufacturers including agreements related
to sales, independent contractors, marketing, licensing, distribution,
employment, partnership, non-disclosure/confidentiality, commercial real
estate and technology.
- Reviews, negotiates, and drafts commercial real estate leases along with
ancillary documents such as assignments and subordination / non-disturbance
- Conducts research and advises on new trademarks and copyright issues/designs.
Coordinates trademark activities like developing trademark strategies,
providing availability and infringement opinions, trademark prosecution
and enforcement actions.
- Represented franchisors and other businesses including Ethan Allen, Auntie
Anne’s, McDonalds, Goddard Schools and Maaco in matters throughout
the United States, including cases involving trademark infringement, employment
discrimination, contractual and real estate matters.
- Assisted clients in arbitration and mediation, regulatory compliance matters,
day-to-day business counseling and contract drafting and negotiation.
- Engaged in all phases of federal and state litigation from initial pleadings
to court appearances including organization and analysis of massive document
productions in complex commercial matters.
- Counseled Pennsylvania school districts in board governance and all areas
of school and education law.
- Vigorously represented management in all stages of labor contract disputes
including contract interpretation, grievance arbitrations, and PA Labor
Relations Board proceedings.
- Lead negotiator in collective bargaining agreements against professional
and blue-collar associations/unions.
- Provided full-service client support, including day-to-day and long-term
counseling on ADA, ADEA, COBRA, FMLA, FLSA, HIPAA and plans for benefits,
retirement and deferred compensation under Sections 125, 403(b) and 457
of the IRC.
- Investigated, analyzed and developed effective defenses for employment
discrimination and wrongful termination cases. Drafted summary judgment
motions and supporting briefs that secured dismissal and/or favorable
results in administrative hearings, state court and federal court.
Professional Affiliations & Activities
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
Inns of Court | Montgomery County Chapter
- President, 2009 – 2010
- Vice President, 2008 – 2009
- Holidays for Heroes
- Oreland-Wyndmoor Little League - Volunteer Head Coach
- Upper Dublin Junior Athletic Association - Head Coach