Committed To Excellent Legal
Laura M. Mercuri
- Wills & Trusts
- Real Estate
- Banking Law
- Corporate Law
- Civil Litigation
Laura is a Co-Managing Partner at Duffy North. She is an experienced attorney with an extensive background in the areas of estates, wills and trusts, real estate, banking, for profit and nonprofit corporations, and civil litigation. From 2002 through 2006 she served on the Board of Directors of Fox Chase Bank. Laura acts as General Counsel to Fulmor Heights Home Ownership Association, a Hatboro based nonprofit housing cooperative. She has had the pleasure of representing many businesses, individuals and families over the course of her career.
After attending Gwynedd Mercy Academy in Gwynedd Valley, Pennsylvania, Laura graduated from Elizabethtown College in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in History with concentrations in French and Spanish. Laura received her law degree from Pittsburgh's Duquesne University School of Law. In law school, Laura was a research assistant to the Assistant Director of Clinical Legal Education researching tax exempt organizations and general nonprofit corporate issues and assisted clients of the school's Economic and Community Development Clinic.
VOLUNTEER AND COMMUNITY WORK
Laura is an avid presence in the communities where she lives and works. Presently, she is a past Chair and Vice-Chair on the Board of Advisors of the Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA branch in Hatboro. She also volunteers with the Montgomery Child Advocacy Project as an attorney advocate providing free legal representation to abused and neglected children. She serves on the Legal Advisory Board for Manor College's School of Paralegal Studies. Laura can also be found volunteering her time at her sons' schools, and for her sons' sports teams.
Laura is fluent in Italian and proficient in French and Spanish. She was raised in Bucks County, and currently resides in Buckingham Township, Pennsylvania with her husband and two sons.
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Honors: Research Assistant to the Assistant Director of Clinical Legal Education
- Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- Major: History
- Pennsylvania, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Vice-Chair, Board of Advisors of the YMCA Branch, Hatboro
- Chair, Board of Advisors of the YMCA Branch, Hatboro
- Legal Advisory Board, Manor College's School of Paralegal Studies
- Volunteer, The Montgomery Child Advocacy Project
- Fox Chase Bank, Board of Directors, 2002 to 2006
- Fulmor Heights Home Ownership Association, General Counsel
Current Employment Position
- Co-Managing Partner